If you want to feel inspired, you’ve come to the right place. Because when you’re inspired the world gets better for all of us.
Here at Positive Media Hawaii we want to help good things to grow and encourage sustainable lifestyle habits. Let’s engage our community together with uplifting media, positive news, videos, street action and events!
What’s YOUR passion?
I’m Joy Waters, the entrepreneur behind Positive Media Hawaii. I’m a relentless optimist on a mission to have as much fun as possible and encourage people to be enthused and engaged citizens. I do this by producing web videos, orchestrating community events, designing interactive workshops, and creative consulting for project organizers.
My newest endeavor is a book called “Becoming An Everyday ChangeMaker” which brings together more than 15 years of lessons learned from my social advocacy in all my projects like:
- VegFest Oahu – Celebrate. Learn. Taste. A festival to inspire the island community towards plant-based, sustainable and compassionate living.
- Street Angels Hawaii – sharing vegetarian food and love with the homeless in Honolulu for over 10 years.
- Happy School – unique afterschool program for youth-at-risk.
- Trash-to-Treasure Mobile Sewing Studio and the Upcycle Sewing Lab
- Laughing Revolution – project using humor as tool for social change.
- Tasty and Meatless – TV show and web videos teaching vegan cooking and free recipes.
- Keiki Voices Youth Media – visual storytelling and video production skills for youth.
- ShareFest – community event bringing together local groups based on the Sharing Economy.
- DIY Healthy Habits– watch videos about how to uplevel your physical, energetic, and attitudinal health!
More about my background and experience in my LinkedIn profile.
We encourage you to break faith from consumerism and boldly embrace the world’s cast-aways. DIY plus reuse/recycle plus your artist voice equals one interesting life with a low carbon footprint!
We’re hoping you will get the sudden urge to renounce the drudgery of your negative perspective and abscond from normal ways of thinking – then: hooray, we’re doing our job!
We encourage you to join the Laughing Revolution’s army of Everyday Heroes and playfully educate the world around you about solutions. That’s what we’re doing. We’re passionate about making a difference and are having some serious fun in the process. Join us!