If you want to feel inspired, you’ve come to the right place. Because when you’re inspired the world gets better for all of us.
Here at Positive Media Hawaii we want to help good things to grow and encourage sustainable lifestyle habits. Let’s engage our community together with uplifting media, positive news, videos, street action and events!
What’s YOUR passion?
I’m Joy Waters, the entrepreneur behind Positive Media Hawaii. I’m a relentless optimist on a mission to have as much fun as possible and inspire people to be enthused and engaged citizens. I do this by producing useful web videos, orchestrating community events, designing inspirational workshops, and consulting on media strategy and message creation.
Lately I’ve become a coach to the changemakers, helping people engage and inspire their community by showing them how to expand their sphere of influence and how to get comfortable using today’s tech tools (smartphones, social media, email lists) to create and share life-changing content.
My newest project, Everyday ChangeMaker, (underworks with new book and webinar series) brings together more than 15 years of lessons learned from my social advocacy in all my projects like:
- VegFest Oahu – Celebrate. Learn. Taste. A festival to inspire the island community towards plant-based, sustainable and compassionate living.
- Street Angels Hawaii – sharing vegetarian food and love with the homeless in Honolulu for over 10 years.
- Happy School – unique afterschool program for youth-at-risk.
- Trash-to-Treasure Mobile Sewing Studio and the Upcycle Sewing Lab
- Laughing Revolution – project using humor as tool for social change.
- Tasty and Meatless – TV show and web videos teaching vegan cooking and free recipes.
- Keiki Voices Youth Media – visual storytelling and video production skills for youth.
- ShareFest – community event bringing together local groups based on the Sharing Economy.
- Oahu Vegan Meetup – group of over 900 (and growing!) vegan-curious members who organize events together.
If you want to know more about my background experience in more “business-speak” terms, check out my LinkedIn profile.
If something in our videos, articles, Facebook posts, Instagram images, newsletters (you get the idea and please subscribe to them all!) gives you the sudden urge to renounce the drudgery of your negative perspective and abscond from normal ways of thinking – then: hooray, we’re doing our job!
We encourage you to break faith from consumerism and boldly embrace the world’s cast-aways. DIY plus reuse/recycle plus your artist voice equals one interesting life with a low carbon footprint!
We encourage you to join the Laughing Revolution’s army of Everyday Heroes and playfully educate the world around you about solutions. That’s what we’re doing. We’re passionate about making a difference and are having some serious fun in the process. Join us!
Like us on our Facebook Page to make sure you’re part of the fun there. Be sure to subscribe to our Good News eNetwork for (infrequent) emails that will raise your spirits and let you know of cool events. And join us on Instagram for image inspiration.